beijing Switch City

Please select your city:


    Customer Service Hotline



    What circumstances can apply for Chinese work visa within China?

    Chinese visas are categorized into many types such as work, reunion, study, etc. Foreigners who want to work in China need to apply for a Z-word work visa. A work visa usually needs to be applied outside of China, and for many foreigners in China who are already holding other non-work visas or residence permits, it will take a lot of time and effort to re-apply outside of China, so under what circumstances can applicants apply for a work visa directly in China?

    1、Foreigners with other visas or valid residence permits who have already entered China (Category A);

    2、Foreigners working in China who have changed their employers, but their jobs (occupations) have not changed, and their work-type residence permits are within the validity period;

    (3) Foreign spouses or children of Chinese citizens, or spouses or children of foreigners permanently residing or working in China, holding valid visas or residence permits within the validity period;

    4. Those who are in line with the preferential policies related to free trade zones and pilot zones for comprehensive innovation and reform;

    5. Where the employer is in line with the preferential policies related to enjoying the regional headquarters of multinational corporations in China;

    6. The movement of personnel within the enterprise group;

    7, the implementation of intergovernmental agreements or agreements;

    8. Representatives of Chinese organizations who have entered China with work visas in accordance with the law; foreigners who have been granted work permits to work in China for less than 90 days and have been employed by the domestic employers in accordance with the law within the validity period of their stay;

    9. Any other cases which are recognized as eligible by the approval authority.

    If you meet any of the above conditions, you can apply for a work visa in China, however, in the actual application process, each situation has its own details that need attention, pls consult the local bureau.

    sources from CNVISA